Date: 3rd February 2022
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
As teachers we need to constantly improve our practice so that our students get the best possible outcomes. Conducting regular lesson observations helps with this as it builds up a typical view of what is happening in the classroom.
There are many ways to measure the quality of teaching:
- How well students are understanding the curriculum that is being taught
- How engaged students are in class
- The progress that students are making throughout the term/year
Lesson observations are a crucial element in improving the quality of teaching and learning at your school. They are the only way you can see the language being used by the teacher, how inclusive their teaching is, and how students are responding to the information being taught to them.
A limitation of observations is that it doesn’t show you what is going on in the student’s head.
A markbook can show you that a student has understood the lesson on the day, it can’t show you how well that information has been retained. To get a better understanding of this we also need to look at other information that we cannot get from an observation.
During this free Listen Live we will show you how the ProgressTeaching platform can be used as a powerful teaching and learning improvement tool – giving you all the information you need at the click of a button to truly understand how effective teaching is at your school. Improve the quality of teaching at your school.
Areas to be covered include:
- Understanding readily available student data
- At an individual, class, or year level
- Recording what you have seen during a lesson observation in a centralised platform that can be viewed by everyone – a single version of the truth
- Triangulating data to build up a clear picture of the quality of teaching
- How to use the platform as a coach to continually improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Reducing time spent on daily tasks so your teachers can get on with what they do best